Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Fragments (9/23/11)

Fall seems to have finally made it's way to Purdue, as evidence by my unpredictable sinuses!  And as such, football is in full swing.  Now, my friend Aaron and I were discussing about heading to a local high school football game...not because we want to cheer for a team or because we know someone on a team.  But because we kind of miss the "Friday Night Lights" experience.  You know, paying 10 dollars for popcorn and a child size coke to watch awkward teenage boys hit each other, while the "cool kids" yell (usually at each other) on the sidelines, and the parents either get way too into the game and spray you with extraneous spittle or look like they are the subjects of a stress test gone haywire!  Now personally, I miss the halftime show.  You know, the real reason everyone shows up on Friday nights (at least in Avon).  That's right the marching band show.  So as a personal en devour I will attempting to not only make it to a local high school football game, but also a local marching band contest on a Saturday.  And I recommend it to all who want to relieve a little part of their teenage years.  Heck, take your significant other and make it a creative date (or man-date if you don't have that special someone).  So for anyone who would like to tackle this vendetta with me, hit me up in the comments section or text/call me if you have my number.  But I digress from the real reason you are here...the fragments!

-Physics had a HUGE week!  Today, scientists revealed a possible break in the speed of light barrier!  Other scientists have concocted an anti-magnet (read to find out because I still am not sure what that is).  And other research has lead to the first breakthrough in proton transistors, which would make computer-human symbiosis possible.  Those are three possibly huge breakthroughs in physics and I bet at least 1 out of the 3 will actually materialize into something substantial, sorry Einstein.

The new Windows "Blue Screen of Death"
Now with 50% less intimidation and 100% more
"you're an idiot!"
-For Windows phone users (me), Windows new phone OS, Mango, is set to release next week.  Excellent!  There is also a Windows 8 Beta currently out right now, if you're into that kind of thing.

-I already posted on this but gamers on the West Coast have utilized a video game to crack an AIDS mystery. In a word....spectawesome!  That is spectacular and awesome for those who are keeping score at home.

-Lastly, Hugh Jackman was on WWE this week. No I don't watch WWE anymore but I found this article about how he actually hit a guy in the face and broke his jaw.  Maybe it's not all fake <----obvious sarcasm!

Ok, that's all I got for now, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment