Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Killing Time

After the long weekend I found myself motivated this morning to get "stuff" done.  So after reading a couple papers on LLPS (that's liquid-liquid phase separation for those of you keeping track of all the abbreviations), getting some homework finished, and preparing to teach lab this afternoon I have found myself with a little time to kill.  Unfortunately I am no longer as motivated to start a new project and I figured I would write quick blog post.

If you haven't noticed, the frequency of my posts has decreased since school started back up a couple of weeks ago.  Things are settling down a little school-wise and I hope to get back to some regularity.  Enough with formalities...

This last weekend marked the beginning of the college football season and our Boilermakers somehow squeaked out a win against the Blue Raiders of Middle Tennessee State, 27-24.  Yep, there are no typos in that sentence and it was actually a really good football game as far as excitement value.  I believe Carson Wiggs is my favorite player this year because if the ball is in the stadium, he can put it through the uprights.  If you happen to make it to West Lafayette for a game this fall, look me up because my friend and I are planning on tailgating (front row) for as many games as we can! October 1st is the night game for Notre Dame (hint hint)!

Also last week I went to dinner with the guys from 105B.  They are the guys from the Taylor Lab group and we are starting to do some male bonding as the rest of the lab group in the basement are girls.  Anyway, it was my first major experience with authentic (or as authentic as you can get in the US) Indian food.  Not too bad!  I recommend going to an Indian buffet with someone familiar with the cuisine and customs.  There is a post-doc from India who was able to show us around the food and it made the whole experience enjoyable.  I do like learning and trying new things, especially from other parts of the world.  This week I believe we are going disc golfing and possibly playing some table tennis, and if you know me you know how I feel about table tennis.  But as a whole we have a really nice, diverse group of guys and it has already made working in the lab more comfortable.
Classic Design Fender Acoustic

Lastly, I am looking into getting an electric guitar this month as a birthday present to myself.  I have an acoustic (Classic Fender) but I think I want to give electric a try.  If you have any suggestions for guitars or amps for both quality and price that would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment